Course duration 1 – 2 hours
Bookings taken for 6 or more participants
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course is a classroom course that teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
This course is designed for anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
• Correctional Officers
• Childcare workers
• Security guards
• Maintenance workers
• School personnel
• Hotel housekeepers
• Health and fitness club staff
• Tattoo artists
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.
Students learn how to:
• Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
• Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
• Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
• Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplac